Our baby led weaning story

This is a blog about some of our trials and successes while weaning our little girl the BLW way. Come and have a read and please feel free to leave your comments. x

Thursday 11 July 2013

Waste not want not

At the beginning of our BLW journey I was frequently tempted by the apparent ease and cleanliness of spoon-feeding puree. Not to mention keen to up the volume of food consumed. So from time to time I blended up the leftovers of one of our meals, portioned it into an ice cube tray and froze it. Then after a particularly bad food-day I might defrost a few ice cubes in the hope that Baby Bean would magically convert to a puree-lover and eat a huge meal.

NEVER happened!

There were the occasional one-offs where she'd decide she liked the taste of what was on the spoon and would eagerly eat enough to get me excited, before rejecting the rest (a.k.a most of it). But more often than not the puree ended up in the same bin that the finger food went in.

So, almost a year after we started weaning, I have a freezer drawer full of puree'd spag bol, chicken dinner, lasagne and other bits and bobs. What to do with it all?!

Ahaha - think of it not as puree, but as frozen sauce! And so that is how we went from this (defrosted spag bol ice cubes):

 
to this - tomato pasta with hidden meat & veg!

 
OK, so technically I've made a pasta dish with a sauce that also contains puree'd pasta (!), but it was really tasty and I was kinda proud of my inventiveness. :-)
 
And Baby Bean seemed to approve.....
 


No comments:

Post a Comment