Our baby led weaning story

This is a blog about some of our trials and successes while weaning our little girl the BLW way. Come and have a read and please feel free to leave your comments. x

Wednesday 7 August 2013

IT'S A MIRACLE!!!

I think Baby Bean must have taken pity on me after my last few posts bewailing the mess. Because tonight something amazing happened...

THERE WAS NO MESS! :-)

And I don't mean she just dropped a little bit; or the splashes only reached her eyebrows instead of the hairline; or she only flung her spoon onto the table instead of the adjoining room.

No. I. Mean. There. Was. No. Mess.

Zero.

Zilch.

Nada.

16months old today and look!


This is at the end of the meal!! Don't believe me? She's eating an ice cream cone, so that would be dessert, yes? (Actually, it's Daddy's dessert, but she nicked it, so now it's Bean's dessert! I believe that's how it works with children?)

But look! See that shiny clean floor, and that shiny clean tray, and that shiny clean baby? Maybe you think dinnertime consisted of air? Nope - wedges, cauliflower, sweetcorn, pizza and yoghurt. She ate almost all and what she didn't want she calmly handed over to us.

It's unbelievable! I'd say I'm speechless, but I'm clearly not. Instead I am rambling. :-)

So, the moral of my amazing story? Have faith. One day your baby too will eat all their tea in a polite and clean way. It might only happen that one time (I'll let you know on that score) and it may come after eating next to nothing for breakfast and lunch (yep, she's a one-meal baby this week), but it WILL happen.

YAY!

2 comments:

  1. One day being the right phrase - it's never permanent. My 15 year olds make more mess than they did at 16 months some days! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, very true! Was just thinking yesterday, as I dropped my own peas while eating, that we maybe never reach the point of making no mess :-/

      Delete