Our baby led weaning story

This is a blog about some of our trials and successes while weaning our little girl the BLW way. Come and have a read and please feel free to leave your comments. x

Wednesday 5 June 2013

Day Three in the Food Diary Household...

So, we've had a good day and a mixed day, so I was pleased when breakfast suggested that Day Three would be another good day. But before I reveal what Baby Bean ate, she and I have a little confession to make - Bean's favourite breakfast food is Rice Krispies.

:o

I was so determined to steer clear of added sugars, and I managed it for the first 6months. But since Bean turned 1 year old I seem to have relaxed my rule a little and so, when she pointed and reached for my bowl of cereal, I let her try them. And in my joy at seeing her actually really WANT to eat something, and eat a significant amount of it, I've found myself allowing her this as a regular thing. On the downside, it has allowed refined sugar into her diet. But on the plus-side, it's not very much added sugar (it's just there for crisping the rice); it's made her much more interested in breakfast, and it sticks well to a spoon when wet so she's come on in leaps with using cutlery.

So that's our guilty secret, and I'm sharing it just in case some of you also feel like you break the BLW "rules." Hopefully I'm not the only one!

So, back to the diary....

Breakfast - several spoons of Rice Krispies, 1 slice of malt loaf with butter, 1 mini gingerbread man

Lunch (and this is where the day started to go downhill) - 2 pieces of pasta in a tomato sauce

2 pieces!!!! That was it!!! And tomato pasta is Bean's all-time absolute favourite food! No idea what happened there but Bean made it clear that she wasn't interested in anything more; so that was that. Mid-afternoon she therefore had a snack of some multigrain hearts and another gingerbread man.

Dinner - 2 more pieces of pasta (!) and then 5 strawberries and cream.

Clearly my cooking wasn't on a par with Kelloggs' that day! But it was still a day to note in our BLW journey because it was the very first time I used a food processor! I have owned it for over 10years but have never chopped, grated or blended a single thing in it until this day. So to mark this momentous occasion, here is the photographic evidence:


I was making a meal from Jamie Oliver's 30min recipe book - Pregnant Jools' Pasta. It took longer than 30min!

No comments:

Post a Comment