Our baby led weaning story

This is a blog about some of our trials and successes while weaning our little girl the BLW way. Come and have a read and please feel free to leave your comments. x

Sunday 2 June 2013

Food Diary, part 1

Well, it's been a busy few weeks! I've not been blogging for a bit while I thought about some changes to the blog and in that time quite a bit has happened! We've hit some development milestones, got 4 more teeth, had aversions to favourite foods, eaten well, eaten poorly, and generally given me enough blog topics to keep this thing going for months!

But the thing that has been occupying me most has been whether Baby Bean (that's one of the changes, I shall now be referring to my LO by her nickname) is moving forwards in weaning; does she really eat as little as it seems, or is it actually not that bad.

So, to put my mind at rest and to give me and anyone reading this some kind of benchmark, I started a food diary. I kept it for 6 days and shall publish one day at a time.

So.....

Day One (the day of the BBQ)

Breakfast (at home) - a few grapes & blueberries, half an adult yoghurt pot, half a slice of malt loaf, a few sucks on some sesame bagel pieces.

Lunch (in a restaurant) - a few multigrain 'hearts', 4 potato skins, several penne with Bolognese, 2 small squares of pizza, half a slice of cucumber and some grated carrot, quarter of a scoop of ice cream.

Dinner (the BBQ) - 1 boiled potato, 2 cherry tomatoes, some pieces of beef burger and sausage, quarter of a corn on the cob.

Day One shall henceforth be known as A Good Food Day! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment